Distracted Driving Train the Trainer Webinar
Watch the webinar replay and access resources
In Our Boots PSAs
Slow Down Move Over PSAs featuring struck-by incident survivors Firefighter Mike Cox and Assistant Fire Chief Steve Senn.
Helmets and Head Protection
New helmet research underway by Texas Tech and Lubbock Fire Rescue
New study of the effects of emergency vehicle lighting on drivers now available
Earn the National TIM Training Certificate Online!
Available at the Responder Safety Learning Network
THE SAFETY FEED
News stories related to the broad subject of traffic incident management and responder safety at roadway incidents.
- “In Our Boots” Public Service Announcements Show Traffic and Struck-By Incidents from the Responder’s Perspective
- ERSI Charter Member Chief Joe Kroboth, III Appointed to the National Committee on Uniform Traffic Control Devices
- Safety Service Patrol Perspective: What is Killing and Injuring Us? The ‘D’ DRIVERS.
- Colorado State Patrol Achieves Historic First On the Responder Safety Learning Network
- New Study of Driver Perception of Emergency Warning Lights and Retroreflective Markings Commissioned by The Emergency Responder Safety Institute Yields Surprising Findings
Line of Duty Deaths
News stories about responders struck and killed while working roadway incidents.
- (IL)(04-29-2022) Knox County Sheriff's Deputy Struck and Killed
- (PA)(04-11-2022) Road Service Technician struck & killed on Interstate 81
- (OH)(4-11-2022) Firefighter dies, state trooper injured after being struck on I-71
- (TX)(04-02-2022) Deputy Killed When her Patrol Car was Struck by Fleeing Suspect
- (OH)(03-31-2022) Bluffton Police Officer Struck & Killed while Deploying Stop Sticks
Struck By Incidents
News stories about struck-by-vehicle incidents involving emergency responders and/or their vehicles.
- (FL)(04-01-2022) SR-408 in Orlando reopens after driver dies after crashing into 2 fire trucks
- (PA)(03-29-2022) Firefighter struck, dragged by car while responding to call in Franklin County
- (LA)(03-11-2022) Semi-truck hits parked firetruck on I-10 forcing firefighter over ledge of overpass
- (MD)(01-02-2022) Montgomery County Engine Struck at Crash Scene
- (TX)(12-18-2021) Pasadena firefighter struck & injured by a hit and run driver while directing traffic