Struck-By Survivor Stories
What happens after an emergency responder is struck by a vehicle? Hear their powerful stories.
Why We Need TIM Committees Now More Than Ever
Distracted Driving Train the Trainer Webinar
Watch the webinar replay and access resources
In Our Boots PSAs
Firefighter Mike Cox, Assistant Chief Steve Senn, and Chief Joe Kroboth III share their struck-by injury and death stories.
Helmets and Head Protection
New helmet research underway by Texas Tech and Lubbock Fire Rescue
Earn the National TIM Training Certificate Online!
Available at the Responder Safety Learning Network
THE SAFETY FEED
News stories related to the broad subject of traffic incident management and responder safety at roadway incidents.
- Delaware Roadway Incident Responders Earn Professional TIM Designation
- New Editorial Posted: Why We Need TIM Committees Now More Than Ever
- New Editorial Posted: Fire Departments Can’t Do Traffic Control Alone
- Safety Service Patrol Perspective: Situational Awareness for Highway/Roadway Incident Response.
- In Memory of Dr. Harry Carter, Editor – ResponderSafety.com
Line of Duty Deaths
News stories about responders struck and killed while working roadway incidents.
- (OK)(11-26-2022) 31-Year-Old Tow Operator Killed After Being Hit By Vehicle
- (FL)(11/22/2022) Deputy struck & killed in I-75 crash; driver charged with DUI manslaughter
- (OH)(11-19-2022) Cleveland Firefighter Struck and Killed in Hit-Run Crash
- (FL)(11-10-2022) Tow Operator Struck & Killed in Orange County crash on Florida’s Turnpike
- (OH)(08-22-2022) Road Service Technician killed in Ohio Turnpike crash
Struck By Incidents
News stories about struck-by-vehicle incidents involving emergency responders and/or their vehicles.
- (SC)(Close Call) Police seek tips for truck seen driving through Myrtle Beach fire scene
- (FL)(04-01-2022) SR-408 in Orlando reopens after driver dies after crashing into 2 fire trucks
- (PA)(03-29-2022) Firefighter struck, dragged by car while responding to call in Franklin County
- (LA)(03-11-2022) Semi-truck hits parked firetruck on I-10 forcing firefighter over ledge of overpass
- (MD)(01-02-2022) Montgomery County Engine Struck at Crash Scene