25th Anniversary of the Emergency Responder Safety Institute
25 years ago, two LODDs changed roadway incident response forever.
Distracted Driving PSAs
Joel Feldman from EndDD.org shares his plea for why you shouldn’t drive distracted
Where Is the Data on Emergency Personnel Being Struck By Vehicles?
Distracted Driving Train the Trainer Webinar
Watch the webinar replay and access resources
In Our Boots PSAs
Firefighter Mike Cox, Assistant Chief Steve Senn, and Chief Joe Kroboth III share their struck-by injury and death stories.
Earn the National TIM Training Certificate Online!
Available at the Responder Safety Learning Network
THE SAFETY FEED
News stories related to the broad subject of traffic incident management and responder safety at roadway incidents.
- Struck-By Data Base Analysis Identifies Initial Trends to Monitor
- Safety Service Patrol Perspective: Post-Crash Care
- 25 Years After: Reflecting on Change, Looking to the Future
- New Innovative Responder Safety Strategies Certificate Now Available
- Where Is the Data on Emergency Personnel Being Struck by Vehicles?
Line of Duty Deaths
News stories about responders struck and killed while working roadway incidents.
- (IA)(11-12-2023) Adel tow-truck driver hit and killed, semi driver charged with vehicular homicide
- (MI)(11-4-2023) Tow Operator Struck & Killed in the Median of M6
- (NY)(10-20-2023) Beloved crossing guard, 63, struck and killed by truck in Queens
- (GA)(10-19-2023) Tow truck operator killed in Cherokee County crash
- (NE)(10-17-2023) NDOT crew member killed while cleaning up spill on roadway in Hamilton County
Struck By Incidents
News stories about struck-by-vehicle incidents involving emergency responders and/or their vehicles.
- (SC)(Close Call) Police seek tips for truck seen driving through Myrtle Beach fire scene
- (FL)(04-01-2022) SR-408 in Orlando reopens after driver dies after crashing into 2 fire trucks
- (PA)(03-29-2022) Firefighter struck, dragged by car while responding to call in Franklin County
- (LA)(03-11-2022) Semi-truck hits parked firetruck on I-10 forcing firefighter over ledge of overpass
- (MD)(01-02-2022) Montgomery County Engine Struck at Crash Scene